IBC LL Reductions/2003 IBC Question

Looking at the 2000 IBC, I have noticed that they have two different sets of
equations for LL reduction.  A set of equations that I assume is the old
BOCA equations is in 1607.9.1 and a set that is the old UBC equations is in
1607.9.2.  In 1607.9.1.2 they take away LL reduction for most parking garage
applications.  In 1607.9.2, which is states that is is an alternate for
1607.9, there is no such limitation on parking.  How are designers and plan
checkers approaching this?  Does one simply use the 1607.9.2 equations if
one wishes to use LL reductions in parking?  Does anyone know what the 2003
IBC does with this section?

Paul Crocker, PE, SE