ASME Certification

Hello all,

I'm not certain about the requirements for ASME certification in regards
to quality control (third party inspections?) and structural work, such
as welding, and was hoping that someone could shed some light as to
whether ASME certification would satisfy the requirements of the UBC for
structural fabrication of storage tanks and possibly steel stands (or
whatever) for use with those tanks.

I'm thinking that it may not, given the fact that ICBO & AISC have
certification programs.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
979 N. Blackstone St.
Tulare, CA 93274
PH:  (559) 688-5263
FAX: (559) 688-8893
E-mail:  davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com