RE: seaint Digest for 16 Dec 2002

Sam-

I get the digest version, so someone may have already answered this, but
here goes:  For your second question, look into the "Inactive/Delete
Specification"

>From the STAAD Manual:

"Purpose
This set of commands may be used to temporarily INACTIVATE or
permanently DELETE specified JOINTs or MEMBERs.
General format:
INACTIVE	MEMBERS	member-list
MEMBERS	member-list
DELETE
JOINTS	joint-list

Description

These commands can be used to specify that certain joints or members be
deactivated or completely deleted from a structure. The INACTIVE command

makes the members temporarily inactive; the user must re-activate them
during the later part of the input for further processing. The DELETE
command will
completely delete the members from the structure; the user cannot
re-activate them. These commands must be provided immediately after all
member/element incidences are provided."

I think you can use this for specific load cases. IIRC, There's an
example that uses this in the examples manual.

Good Luck,
Joe

Joseph Charpentier, PE