From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 3:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Interior Shear Wall

I have a question regarding using an interior bearing wall as a shear
wall.  I have a corridor wall I would like to use as a shear wall.  I
will have plywood sheathing covered with gyp. board.  I have trusses
bearing on the wall.  I broke the trusses in half to eliminate truss
uplift forces from shrinkage.  I am wondering how to get the shear down
from the roof sheathing.  How do others typically do it?  There will be
lot of vertical members running along the wall.  I also have some very
significant shear forces because this is a church building, not
residential.  It has a large foot print.  I don't see 2x4 diagonal web
bracing to be sufficient.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rich

Only $9.95 per month!