From: Samir Ghosn [mailto:sghosn(--nospam--at)harris-assoc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 3:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Collector elements and precpmpression force

Another question to the experts:
Thanks for all those whe participated earlier, Gerard, Ben, Jan , others,
Now I have a new question, Can a precompression force in a post tension
slab be utilized as a way to reduce the collector element force in a sense
of reducing the required mild reinforcing steel criteria.  Is there a limit
to the reduction allowed if it is allowed at all.  Can any body direct me a
code sepcific section that permits precompression force utililization?  How
do others deal with this?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Samir Ghson, PE
harris & Associates