Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Interior Shear Wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Interior Shear Wall
- From: VerneK(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:07:13 EST
We usually use blocking panels in each bay between the trusses, either panels
field-built with plywood, or pre-fab blocking panels. A critical connection in doing
it this way would be at the vertical edges on each side of each panel. They must
be attached together so that the entire line of blocks will act as a whole rather
than as individual panels. Another option can be to add a full length and full depth
girder truss over the shear wall and hang the trusses off on each side.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Interior Shear Wall
- Next by Subject: Re: Interior Shear Wall
- Previous by thread: Re: Interior Shear Wall
- Next by thread: Re: Interior Shear Wall