Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
PEMB and AISC Seismic Provisions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: PEMB and AISC Seismic Provisions
- From: "Mark D. Anderson PE" <mark(--nospam--at)alaskaengineer.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:19:12 -0900
1. Is it true that in the world of the IBC and AISC seismic provisions, that the historic "low rise buildings" exemption (Section 14.5 in the AISC Provisions Part 1) has been deleted in its entirety by Supplement No. 2?
2. If the deletion of the "low rise" exemption is true, or if it were deleted at the discretion of the writer of a specific project criteria, is the PEMB industry capable of meeting the letter of the AISC seismic provisions inclusive of Supplements 1 and 2, the same as for other conventional SMF/OMF and SCBF/OCBF steel-framed buildings?
Mark D. Anderson PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Pedestrian Bridge Railing
- Next by Subject: Re: PEMB and AISC Seismic Provisions
- Previous by thread: RE: California Townhomes
- Next by thread: Re: PEMB and AISC Seismic Provisions