Demo Plans

Hi Everybody,
& Happy Holidays to everyone,
A client of mine is going to apply for a demo permit,
before approaching the City for Construction Permit. The
project consists additions and renovation work. Although
there is enough information in complete plans for
demolishing stage, a special short version of plans is
needed for demo permit.
What are Structural design Engineer specific
responsibilities and potential liabilities in this regard?
To be more specific: Shall demo plans be treated like shop
plans? For instance, should I expect contractor to prepare
&/or approve plans before I sign & seal them?
I would appreciate any input on this.
Regards,
Frank

=====
Fariborz Tehrani,                      Phone: (310)801-4237Professional Civil Engineer              Fax: (877)743-6206BSCE, MSCE, PE                    Voice Mail: (877)743-6206email: general@fmtehrani.comweb: www.fmtehrani.com