RE: Demo Plans

Not necessarily.  You still sign and seal concrete framing drawings even
though you may not be designing the shoring that may be necessary for
construction of those concrete elements.

To me, the city may be looking to some sort of documentation that is
signed and seal by the EOR for the purposes of "proclaiming" that the
overall demolition plan has been reviewd by the engineer and the no major
structural elements are being removed without some allowance to support
what was previously being supported by that elements (i.e. make sure that
the architect hasn't gleefully chosen inadvertantly remove something that
could cause a major or minor collapse and thus putting people in harms
way).  In otherwords, if something does need to be shored, do the demo
plans call for that fact alone (not ncessarily how it is to be done but
that it must be done prior to removal of the item in question).

I admit that it can be a sticky, gray area, but then so can many other
areas of when to seal and when not to.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI