Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

P.E registration

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
It depends.

If you want to open your own office, then, yes, you need to be a registered 
engineer in the state or states where you have your offices or do work.  Each 
state has different rules and laws concerning engineering registration.

If you want to go to work for an existing office, where the owner(s) 
supervise your work and take responsibility for all designs that go out of 
the office, then, no, you don't need to be a registered engineer.

Although codes are different, the laws of physics know no political or 
geographic boundaries.  Depending on how quickly you can adjust to a new code 
(and a different measuring system) will determine how quickly you will become 
proficient with the codes.


A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

kamal aghbal wrote:

. > Is working as structural engineer in USA need necessary to have a P.E 
. > registration for international engineers who don't live in USA ? To be 
. > more specific : Can an engineer from France or Germany work easily in USA 
. > as SE even the structures design standards are not the same in these 
. > countries ?

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********