clip angles with tension

I have a gusset to column connection consisting of a gusset attached to a
double clip angle.  The clip angles are welded to the supporting member and
bolted to the gusset.  The loads to the gusset are from diagonal bracing,
therefore, I have both shear and tension on the clip angles.  I guess I have
two questions.  First, how do I resolve the block shear requirements (tension
and shear) at the bolted legs?  I seem to remember a thread concerning
something like this but I can't find it. The second question is how would the
design of the welds to the supporting member be done with both shear and
tension on the weld group.  The angles welded on three sides with some prying
action is what I am seeing now, but my brain is a little foggy from the
holidays and can't quite get the design straight in my mind.

Thanks,
Joseph R. Grill, PE