Bar sand

Can someone tell me what bar sand is and how or where it is used?

Thanks

Mitchell J. Sklar, P.E.
STV Incorporated
Senior Structural Project Engineer
sklarmj(--nospam--at)stvinc.com
215-832-3531 (p)
215-832-3599 (f)

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain
recipient, you are informed that any dissemination, copying or disclosure
of
the material contained herein, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify STV and
purge
this message.