Re: P.E.Registration

In a message dated 12/27/2002 8:33:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, rnarayanan(--nospam--at)varco.com writes:

> Hello Members:
>
> I wish to know if PE registration can be obtained based on academic and
> professinal experience.(Example, if someone has graduate degrees MS/Ph D and
> has two  decades of experience in Design ).

It seems like at one time there was a "Grand Father Clause" which allowed such a practice in some states. I don't know if it still exists.  I would be interested in knowing if one could be Grand Fathered into a PE registration and what the requirements/restrictions are and what states practice this procedure.