RE: P.E.Registration

Ram,
I believe that all states have similar requirements:

1) graduated from an ABET accredited school (or can prove coursework was
equivalent)
2) pass the EI exam
3) pass the PE exam
4) minimum number of years of experience before PE exam taken (typically 4
years)

There are some PE's that were grandfather'ed in with experience in lieu of
the examination but that doesn't happen any more. The
http://www.ncees.org/licensure/licensing_boards/ website has links to all
states board that you can go to and see the state you are interested in. Of
course the requirements for obtaining your SE license go up. The state board
website will have that info as well. The Texas board is at
http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/

Hope this helps,
Donna
CDM
Donna Friis, P.E.
Structural Engineer
2301 Maitland Center Parkway Ste 300
Maitland, FL 32751
Tel: (407) 660-6415, Fax: (407) 875-1161
<mailto:FRIISDL(--nospam--at)CDM.COM>