RE: NDS- Nails

Wood Engineering and Construction Handbook uses the FPL Wood Handbook as
one of its sources and cites the source as having been revised in 1974 and
re-issued in 1987.  The loaded end distance is listed as 15 dia,, unloaded
end distance as 12 dia. And the edge distance as 10 dia.  Wood E & C does
not refer to Hansen.  It does refer to the 91 UBC, Timber Design and
Construction Handbook and Wood Technology in the Design of Structures.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.