Re: Parallel Chord Wood Floor Trusses

Joe,

They fail in the same way, whether they are pitched or parallel chord,
residential or commercial.  Wood shrinkage, together with rough handling,
result in little embedment of the teeth, resulting in peel-out.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Joe Venuti wrote:

. > James:

. > This article appears to be talking about testing of trusses with the
. > 2x4's in the flat position as opposed to the vertical position.  In the
. > vertical position the surface area for contact of the plates is much
. > greater and I have not heard of any failures related to trusses in this
. > orientation.

. > Joe Venuti