RE: seaint Digest for 31 Dec 2002

File this under "Too late now, but in the future".  TrusJoist makes a
product with tubular steel webs and wooden chords.  A small picture can
be found here:  http://www.trusjoist.com/products/Custow.cfm  Have used
them once on a project with no complaints.  There is generally more
clearance and flexibility for web placement than with the all 2x type.
(Of course, they're more expensive, as well.)

Let us know how your load testing goes.

Joe

Joseph Charpentier, PE

(Note to anyone from TrusJoist:  MS Outlook wants to replace your name
with "Trashiest"- I'd talk to them about that. ;-)  )