EIT as EOR?

On Dec. 31, 2002, Chris Meyer wrote:
"...  I will not be sealing the truss shop drawings, but with this new found
knowledge, and as the EOR I thought I should investigate this further.  ...

Chris Meyer, EIT
chris.meyer(--nospam--at)shellandmeyer.com"

Chris,
Just wondering how an EIT can be an EOR?  Most states don't allow that.
Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Albany CA