From: vicpeng
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: Structural Welding (try again)

I, and some others, did answer.  Probably didn't make it back to you.

I would avoid any welding, if possible.  Instead look at a bolted upgrade solution such as splicing two new (full length?) channels to the sides and bolting.

Whatever the solution I would want to "recreate" the original design with an (hybrid) equivalent, where I couldn't do a direct replacement.

Thor A Tandy  P.Eng, MIPENZ
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net