Re: Differential Settlement

Roger,

Could you expound on your email message re. your answer to the diff.
settlement problem. What the geologist has said in his report is: "The
differential settlement....about 1.7 inches. This differential settlement
should be considered for a span of 20 feet."

To further clarify the problem, this differential settlement will be caused by
seismic induced settlement of a dry sand layer about 15 to 20 below the
existing grade. In other words, in the event of a major seismic event.

Thanks,

Larry Hauer S.E.