Re: Florida PE and plan stamping

In general,  I would not say that having plans stamped by an employee of the firm is any guarantee of quality.

The company I used to work for used college students, working as summer help, to do the design drawings for a major repair project in DC.  The drawings were then stamped by the owner of the engineering company, whose time of the site consisted of two 15-minute visits on the way to somewhere else.

The real loser in this case will be the owner of the building because they will have a hard time selling it, based on the quality of the work.

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.