From: Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>
To: "SEAINT Listserver (E-mail)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: NDS- Nails
Not to be picky (OK, so I am, but blame that on working in the employ of a
code producing group at one time), but would that be "recommendations"
rather than "requirements" since it is in the commentary? If it is truely
a commentary (i.e. not a mandatory document), then it could not be code
enforcable requirements. For example, everything in the ACI 318
commentary is all nice and potentially useful/helpful, but it has no code
efforcable value at all. In otherwords, the ACI 318 commentary saying
that you can or can not do something means nothing in the eyes of the
code requirements.
HTH,
Scott
Ypsilanti, MI
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, AWC Info wrote:
> The Commentary to the 1997 National Design Specification=AE (NDS=AE) for =
Wood