RE: Florida PE-Bureaucracy

Stan,

I did not look at it as a shot at Texas (cheap or otherwise) but an
expression of frustration with beaucracy, which his primary example being
Texas.  And I understand his frustration.  To me, it borders on stupidity
to have to continually re-verify experience for getting a PE license by
reciprosity...and this is not limited to Texas as ALL states do the same
thing.  Now, I can understand to a degree that each board might be worried
that the other state's board may have missed something or some such and
that they all have an obligation to make sure it is right, but when you
reach the point that you are have someone with licenses it two or more
states have to re-verify their work experience, then it is starting to go
beyond what I consider reasonable.  If for example, 5 states have
supposedly verify a person's experience and found it adequate, why does
the sixth state need to do so as well other than for unreasonable
beaucratic reasons.

If nothing else, think of all the state employee's time that is being
wasted going over such information that has been reviewed multiple times
before, and thus all the money that is being wasted.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI