Re: ASCE7-98 Online Wind Speed Map

Tripp,
I wondered the same thing since the contours are pretty closely spaced
on the east coast hurricane coastline. I asked Dr. S.K. Ghosh that
question in an IBC wind seminar and he explained that the federal
government had coughed up a lot of money to develop the seismic maps,
but no such funding had been allocated to create wind  velocity maps. He
also pointed out that most of the country is 90 mph now, and so the
demand for such maps is limited. Bottom line - no such online or CD maps
exist as far as I know.

Rick Burch
Columbia, SC