Re: Peculiar Plywood Beams

Gary,
The roof design appears from your description to be most likely a "Trofdek" system promoted by APA and
plywood component fabricators in the early 1960s. APA has old design manuals and research reports for
designing such a system; contact APA's Help Desk at help(--nospam--at)apawood.org, or tel. 253-620-7400 (Tacoma,
WA).
John Rose
APA (retired)
Tacoma, WA