RE: Florida PE-Bureaucracy

"However, I think that the real reason it will never happen is the 10th
amendment."

I think an equally weighty reasons is the question of how many engineers who
have already taken the PE and SE exams want to study and take more exams to
get some national certification.  I don't think we'd get many volunteers.  A
related question, then, would be what public benefit the certification has
if we don't take any additional tests and just get more power with the same
creditials and testings that we already have.  Would a state want to give up
some of their power and revenue to see exactly the same requirements
adminimstered by someone else?

Paul Crocker, PE, SE