From: Paul Crocker
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 9:06 AM
Subject: RE: Florida PE-Bureaucracy

"It sounds to me that you are expecting other states to look up your records and forward them to the state you are applying to. It is not reasonable to expect others to do your work.
I consider reasonable levels of verification and sending of paperwork to be their job.  I recently applied for a license by reciprocity, and had two different states send PE, SE, and EIT verification paperwork to a third state.  That was their job, and thankfully, they were happy to do it.  Given that each state I am licensed in will collect $40 - $100 a year from me for as long as I have a that license, I don't consider the occassional verification request to be too extreme.  As with most states, I had to take care of the educational materials and professional recommendations myself, but I can't imagine it would have been more than a few more minutes of photocopying and an extra 20 cents of postage for one of the verifying states to have done it.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

Do you Yahoo!?