Re: maps, grad students as cheap labor

Andrew:

Where I went to school half of the "Professors" were doing outside consulting work.

AT junior college some of our class projects were from the teachers consulting work load.
It was relevant work for us to the instructors benefit, that is how some students became employed. Started as draftspeople (non computer) and evolved to engineering when they thought you understood what you were doing.  They pay issue is another story.

Students  always work for less.  AN are usually glade for the opportunity.

Joe Venuti

Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA