RE: Florida PE-Bureaucracy

Republicans?
-----Original Message-----
From: Padmanabhan Rajendran [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 4:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Florida PE-Bureaucracy

Thank you, Stan. In light vein, India's beauracracy was the legacy left behind by the British, who had their presence there from 1600AD. Who gets the credit for TX?

Rajendran

 "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com> wrote:

Rajendran:

You shouldn't be taking this personally!  The Texas PE Board never has recognized the NCEES database.  Since all of us in Texas are "straight shooters", it is only fitting that you describe our procedures as "straight jacket".  Also, you need to remember that Texas became a country more than 100 years before (modern) India did, so our bureaucracy (if there really is any) ought to be understandable.

In a constructive vein, please be aware that the Texas PE Board allows personal (in person) appeals.  I know an Indian engineer with a MS in structures from RPI who was denied licensure about 20 years ago.  He immediately went to Austin, made a personal appeal, and proudly returned to Dallas with his P.E. in hand.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.

Latitude:   32.867320
Longitude: -96.787534