Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Membrane Diaphragm or not?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Membrane Diaphragm or not?
- From: James Lin <se3949(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:49:20 -0800 (PST)
While using RISA-3D to COMPLETELY MODEL (model every single beam and column) a 3-story steel building with conc. fills over steel deck floors (2nd & 3rd floor) and steel deck (no conc. fills) roof, shall I define "Membrane Diaphragm" (per RISA-3D's tool) or not? from your engineering judgement?
Will it make any difference if the lateral system is either MOMENT FRMAES or BRACED FRAMES?
How about if this is a conc. building with conc. floors and roof?
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now
- Prev by Subject: Mechanical Unit Anchorage / fire ratings
- Next by Subject: Message Recall Failure: Recall: Web-cast Seminar - Cold-Formed Steel Truss Design
- Previous by thread: wood anchor bolts
- Next by thread: Old rebar