Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Old rebar[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Old rebar
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 19:15:23 EST
Per the CRSI booklet on old reinforcing:
The first ASTM for reinforcing steel was 1911... Rebars were plain and deformed steel in structural, intermediate and hard grades .. structural was normally used unless otherwise specified
Specified minimum yield of structural, intermediate and hard grades were 33,000, 40,000 and 50,000 respectively.
Area of an 1/2 bar (per a 1924 report): round = 0.196 sq in., square = 0.250 sq.in.
Gail S. Kelley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Old rebar
- Next by Subject: Re: Old rebar
- Previous by thread: Re: Old rebar
- Next by thread: Re: Old rebar