Re: NCSEA Certification (was RE: Florida PE-Bureaucracy)

What is this about "all bridges are owned by the states"? Many bridges are owned by cities, counties, townships, railroads, special districts, as well as home owner associations and private parties.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:42:20 EST GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:
> I do concede the point that bridges do fall to the Feds... that's
> the maintain and regulate post roads clause, I think.

Do bridges actually fall to the Feds?  With the exception of the Woodrow Wilson bridge, all bridges are owned by the states.  And, if and when they ever get the Woodrow Wilson bridge rebuilt, it will belong to Maryland.

AASHTO,  as its name implies, is State Highway Transportation Officials.

FHWA,  although it does have some good people in the field offices,  is basically a money laundering organization.

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.