From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 12:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Coefficient of Friction

>From my statics book (Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics by Beer
and Johnston), coefficient of static friction between metal and stone
(don't have between metal and concrete):  0.30-0.70

For the following website:

http://www.eng-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/83/lev3/84/pid/167/qid/2542
6

coefficient of friction per the Australian Bridge Design Code is 0.5.

>From an old SEAINT post:

http://revobiz.dyndns.org/group/seaint/2001a/msg01976.html

the coefficient of friction per ACI 349-97, Appendix B is 0.4.

>From the following website:

http://www.supercivilcd.com/FRICTION.htm

the coefficient of friction is 0.45.

To get the websites, I did a search on Google for ["coefficient of
friction" AND steel AND concrete].  Everything in the [] brackets was my
search phrase.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsianti, MI