RE: Coefficient of Friction

If you REALLY need something REALLY formal, then do some actual testing of
your situation.  Have a container of a known weight placed on the surface
in question, then push the container until it slides and measure the load
that it took to move it.  You know have all the information needed to
determine your coefficient of static friction for your actual parameters.
You can even vary the parameters to see what effects things like water on
the surface do to the coefficient.

You are going to have to face the fact that you are not really going to
get a more "definitive" answer any other way.  Any value(s) for the
coefficient of friction that you find will be an approximation (i.e. there
will be a +/- factor to it even if they don't state it) or a range.  This
is because the coefficient is highly dependent on the condition of the
surface of the concrete and to a lesser degree the condition of the steel
(i.e. is it rusty).  A broom finish concrete surface will likely have a
higher coefficient than a super flat, extremely smooth troweled surface.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI