Re: Bridges

Raju,

Toll booths are usually only at one end of a toll bridge.  In a sense, people
traveling in one direction pay a toll to cross the bridge, and people
traveling in the other direction pay the toll to "leave" the bridge.

I cannot remember how the toll booths are set up on the Triborough Bridge
that connects the boroughs of Queens, Bronx and Manhattan, nor how the toll
booths are set up on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge which has an exit
at Yerba Buena Island midway across the bay.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Raju Mantripragada wrote:

. >   some friends told me that many bridges in US have
. > toll for entry and also for exit too.