Re: steel fabricator

Here is a list of AISC Certified companies in Michigan (from Modern Steel
Construction- Dec 2002 pg 56). These can also be found by searching the AISC
website.

Cardinal Fabricating, Inc SBR P1
Cox Brothers Machining, Inc. SBR
Gerace Construction Co., Inc. SBD SBR
Ideal Steel & Builders' Supplies CBD
Moore Flame Cutting Co. CBD
Moran Iron Works, Inc. SBD SBR
Union Fabricators & Fitters, Inc. SBR

CBD - Complex Steel Building Structures
SBR - Simple Steel Bridge Structures
CBR - Complex Steel Bridge Structures
P1 - Sophisticated Paint Endorsement- Enclosed

> "Can you delete from the specifications the requirement for the fabricator
> to be AISC certified as per XXXX of the specs. Our fabricator will provide
> mill certificates and welder's certificates and meet any testing agency
> requirements as needed."

Supplying the mill and welder's certs are good but there is a lot more to a
quality control/assurance system.

I work for a certificated company we are audited each year and have a major
recertification audit every 3 years.

BTW if the welding is to be done to AWS D1.5 (2002) code then an AISC
certified company ( Simple or Complex Steel Bridges) must be utilized. In
addition, if Fracture Critical members are to be produced in accordance with
AAASHTO or AREMA codes the must also have the F (Fracture Critical Member
Endorsement)