RE: steel fabricator

AISC certification does review the detailing function of a fabricator if
they have in-house detailing.  For fabricators who sublet their detailing,
we audit how they control their subcontractor.  If you would like more
detail on how we audit this, please feel free to contact myself at either
crosby(--nospam--at)aisc.org <mailto:crosby(--nospam--at)aisc.org>  or 312-423-5951.

NISD (National Institute of Steel Detailing) does have two certification
programs:  IDC (individual detailer certification) for individuals and QPP
(Quality Procedures Program) for companies.  More information about their
programs can be found at www.nisd.org <http://www.nisd.org> .

Chris Crosby
Certification Manager
AISC