Re: Steel Fabricator

Some one wrote:

"Labor- lots of cheap and unskilled with no unions,
many immigrants also. BUT, this does not mean quality. I think CMU labor
quality and workmanship could not be much worse then here. I don't know if
that is related to lack of union or poor tech schools or poor training in
general.

I would not say that poor quality construction is due to the lack of a union.  DC is an open-shop (non-union) town.  The largest concrete contractor is Miller & Long, a non-union contractor,  which also happens to be one of the best in the country.

Gail S. Kelley, P.E.