Re: Bridges

Speaking of California:

But then again, in San Diego you have a good example of the opposite
happening.

Last year (or further ago) the toll was REMOVED from the Coronado Bay
Bridge from Coronado to the City.

For what its worth, I think the decision was more political than economic

-EKS

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Drew Morris     |
|         |           <dmorris@alaska.|
|         |           com>            |
|         |                           |
|         |           01/09/2003 09:34|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to seaint       |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                |
  |        To:      seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org                                                                              |
  |        cc:                                                                                                     |
  |        Subject: Re: Bridges                                                                                    |

raju mantripragada wrote:

> some friends told me that many bridges in US have
>toll for entry and also for exit too.
>--- GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Things aren't that bad yet, although with the budget gap in California
someone may give this some thought.  I don't know of any bridges that
charge you for entering and exiting.  There were (and may still be)
bridges that charge only if  you are going in the east direction over
the bridge, but not the west.  I remember some of the bridges over the
Hudson River north of New York City would charge if you were driving
east towards Vermont, but not if you were going west.