RE: Elevated post-tensioned slab cracks

Hi Gil,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, even if the slab is UNcracked in service,
at higher levels of load (overload and failure conditions) where it will be
cracked it will behave as a 1-way system, in the way it was reinforced. My
point was that ACI 318 can only really call it a 2-way slab in the UNcracked
service range level of load, and beyond that it is 1-way.

Mark Geoghegan
Honolulu, HI