Re: Tongue and groove diaphragm

Will,
 If you are talking about T&G wood structural panel floors, then refer to the
wood section in the UBC or other applicable code, or to NER-108, for diaphragm
allowable shear values and panel span ratings, thickness, nailing requirements
for such construction.  The diaphragm design will be unblocked for diaphragm
shear values, unless 1-1/8 in. thick panels are used with staples along the
T&G edge, in which case blocked diaphragm values can be used.  There would be
no diaphragm value attributed the to the lightweight concrete floor topping.
John Rose
APA (retired)
Tacoma, WA