Re: Stucco Detail

Integrated Design Services, Inc.
13891 Newport Ave., Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 368-5080 x115
FAX (714) 368-5088
E-mail:  robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com

January 10, 2003

Richard

Re:  Stucco detail

Normally stucco only needs to be 3/8" thick over masonry.  At the top of the
column (very large in your case) thicker is fine.  The steep slope is an
advantage for waterproofing.  There is no need for expanded lath.  There
will be plenty of adhesion between the plaster and the masonry.  I'd
recommend painting or a clear sealer on the top of the stucco to give better
waterproofing.

Respectfully,
IDS

Bob Freeman, Architect