Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
R for building/non building/ sub system[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: R for building/non building/ sub system
- From: "Vasu, Ravi" <Ravi.Vasu(--nospam--at)jacobs.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:47:29 -0500
Title: R for building/non building/ sub system
Please refer to the " seismic guidelines for design of petrochemical faclities". section 22.214.171.124 for non building
structure & section 4.2.4 for subsystem.
1. The question is when do we consider a steel structure supporting a small vessel & exchanger in a two or three storied structure
(30 to 40' height) as a BUILDING STRUCTURE, so that we use R from table 16-N?
If the equipment wt. is less than 0.25(wt. of the structure), do we need to always consider lower R of equipment vs. the structure?
(appendix A, case 3 & 4) irrespective of the height or area (or 'building structure')
3. It looks like most of the structures supporting a vessel/exchanger fall in 'subsystems'. What should be the R for this?
I appreciate your time on this.
Ravi Vasu, P.E.,
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
- Prev by Subject: Re: R for a steel structure w/ equipments
- Next by Subject: Radiant Floors
- Previous by thread: RE: Buckling Restrained Braces
- Next by thread: braced barrel vault