Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 10:30 AM
Subject: flagpole column bracing

Does anyone know of a good reference for flagpole column design, or recommended design practice?  Specifically, I am interested in the magnitude of the moment at the base of the column due to axial load (p-delta effects) and instability of the system.  For arguements sake the column has no applied wind or earthquake loads.

thanks in advance!

Brian Tarantino, P.E.
Baltimore, MD