RE: Contractor Errors

We would typically produce a short contract for additional services
outlining the scope of work to be done, with a brief explanation of the
the circumstances and state that the corrections are going to be billed
at our standard hourly rates.

We would first talk to our clients (typically architects) and work out our
scope with them.  Our invoicing would then go to our client.  They would
then
bill the contractor for our invoices and any of their time to correct
anything.

Otherwise, the contractor would have to hire his/her own engineer to produce
any corrections.

Brian Spencer
Tylk Gustafson Reckers Wilson Andrews, LLC
407 South Dearborn, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60605
bspencer(--nospam--at)tgrwa.com
http://www.tgrwa.com