R for a steel structure w/ equipments

I am sending this question again.  Can somebody look into this & give
comments?

Please refer to the " seismic guidelines for design of petrochemical
faclities" by ASCE committee, section 4.2.3.2 for non building
structure & section 4.2.4 for subsystem.
1. The question is what is the value of R for (a combined system) a steel
structure with platform &  supporting a small vessel & exchanger in
a two or three storied structure (30 to 40' height).
If it is a BUILDING (or building like) STRUCTURE, we use R from table 16-N
of UBC 1997.   Right?

2.  If the equipment wt. (one or more added toghether?)is more than 0.25(wt.
of the structure), do we need to (always) consider lower
R of the equipment and the structure ?  (appendix A, case 3 & 4)
irrespective of the height or area ?
I have seen big coolers/cooling towers supported on steel structure(cooler
covers most area of the structure).  I think only equipments like this
(& tall vertical vessel) fall under this category.)

3. It looks like, most of the structures supporting a vessel/exchanger fall
in 'subsystems' (section 4.2.4). What is R for this?
Thanks.

Ravi Vasu, P.E.,

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.