Re: R for a steel structure w/ equipments

Ravi,
I forgot one thing. If you have ASCE 7 Minimum design loads for buildings and
other structures, please refer the section 9.1.2.1 Scope

Chung-Soo

"Vasu, Ravi" wrote:

> Chung,
>
> I agree.  I have already selected a system(with connections) for this.
>
> What I am asking is the interpretation of UBC 1997 &
> " seismic guidelines for design of petrochemical faclities"
> by ASCE committee, section 4.2.3.2 for non building
> structure & section 4.2.4 for subsystem.   If we follow the above,
> do we have to select R per "seismic guidelines.... " or by
> UBC table 16-N(building/building like)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ravi vasu

begin:vcard
n:Doo;Chung-Soo
tel;fax:415-781-2718
tel;work:415-781-1505
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:cdoo(--nospam--at)sdesf.com
fn:Chung-Soo Doo, Ph.D.
end:vcard