RE: steel PL over RC slab

The key requirement is that the steel plate and concrete slab must have the
same maximum deflection. Set up simultaneous equations for deflections and
vertical loads and solve for the load in each beam. Since the slab is likely
much thicker, it will likely carry most of the load - a rather stiff steel
element is necessary to reduce the load in the slab.

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236