RE: Concrete Building Design

Title: RE: Concrete Building Design

Thanks Scott;>)

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 10:02 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Re: Concrete Building Design

Tom,

I don't have this book but remember that a friend really liked it, especially when preparing for the SE exam in Illinois.  Since I don't have it, I am not completely sure I have found the correct title.  I do know the edition that she had was a read hard cover book and was aimed at designing concrete buildings for lateral loads.  I am pretty sure that the book was "Design of Concrete Building for Earthquake and Wind Forces". The edition that she had was done according the 1994 UBC, but there is a newer edition that does it according to the 1997 UBC.  The book is published by PCA.

Also, if you want a publication that gives good examples of the ACI 318 provisions, then take a loot at PCA's "Notes on ACI 318-xx Building Code Requirements for Structural Concerte with Design Applications".  Note I put the "xx" in there rather than a specific year since PCA does a new edition of this book for each cycle of the ACI 318 code.  PCA does have one available for the the 1999 and 2002 edition.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp