Re: CBC CODE SR VALUE

Simon,

I don't see an actual word definition however there is a formula as follows:

SR = SUM(MPEmPMm) / SUM(CBCmPMm

CBCm = spectral acceleration determined from the design response spectrum given in figure 16A-3 for the appropriate soil type at the period of the mth mode.

MPEm = spectral acceleration of the site-specific maximum probable earthquake spectrum (5 percent damping) at the period of the mth mode.  The value of MPEm need not exceed 1.5.

n = number of significant modes required for at least 90 percent of the total building mass to participate in the direction of interest.

PMm = fraction of total building mass participating in the mth mode in the direction of interest.

Piece of cake??

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Simon" <shchao(--nospam--at)umich.edu>